Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Trouble I'm causing

The back corner of the table is what I did yesterday, and this is what I'm starting with.

That is the other half of the room.
So yesterday I started a new project...to declutter our house. The farm house we live in used to be my grandmother's house, she couldn't part with items. So even seven years after she died her house is still full, because one of my aunts won't let us get rid of anything, either. So here we are living in a house that is FULL, of other people's junk. A lot of my parents items are still boxed away from their move here two years ago, because there is no where to put it away. After talking to one of my aunt's she told me just to start giving it away, but make sure I send out an email to warn everyone that I was doing it. So I packed up the car yesterday morning of things to give away. Then sent the email, and of course two of my aunts support my idea, and well dad just doesn't want to be the one blamed for it. My mother also told me that part of the reason she works late is to avoid the mess, that she can't do anything with. She's hoping that if the house is decluttered she'll be able to make it her house, yes I had my doubts about it yesterday...they only got bigger today.
Anyway the room runs the whole front of the house, which would give a huge room to expand our living area. If we can get it clean, and rearranged then maybe we can get the dining room empty, so we can move mom's dining room set up here.  I do have plans to get my aunt's stuff out of the upstairs room also, since there are two completely off limits to us. With my parents having  4 kids and only two bedrooms to sleep in at Christmas...well that is fun, and not to mention that we will have two kids this year that will need room to move around. Granted we will only gain one bedroom since the other one has no heat, but if we can get the front room set up with a couch or something to sleep on at least they would have privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment