Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sleep

I love sleep... I've always had weird sleeping habits, when I don't feel safe I don't sleep through the night. I could go to bed early and then about 10pm I would wake up and be up until about 5am then I could sleep until my body go the rest that it needed. Now I just never sleep through the night, because I haven't felt safe for so long I just am use to waking up often through the night so I then sleep later in the day. If I know I have nothing to do the next day I'm not motivated to get up either, because why prolong a day that is going to be empty anyway. Now after everything I've been through this last fall, I really need a reason for getting up early or Satan tempts me. I realized this weekend why I love sleeping on the boat, because it wakes me up early I hear the birds, the fishing boats going out early, and the sun shines right down on me to wake me up. Granted at 5am there is nothing to do on the boat since everyone else is sleeping, so I just lay there and even though I fall back to sleep, I'm safe. So today I was reading Psalms 57:8 Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. We know that David suffered through depression, but even though he was at time depressed he is telling himself to wake up early and give glory to God. When you go through depression, all you want to do is sleep, so here we find David fight his depression. I just reassured me that I need to wake up earlier, since I've already been yelled at in my dreams telling me I sleep to much I guess I better do what David said, I myself will awake early. The way that is written make it seems that he does have to force himself to wake up early.

No comments:

Post a Comment