Monday, June 6, 2011

A Rose is a Rose

A rose is a rose, is a song I heard long ago and loved. It made me start thinking about roses and how there are so many different types. I began to see women as roses, you have some small and dainty ones, you have some that are only beautiful looking, but are very fragile, you have some without any scent, or some without thorns. Then in a book I read about wild Scottish roses that grow big, thick, nasty thorns on them to protect themselves. When I read the description of those roses, that had thorns hard enough to pierce a man's skin, I knew that was me.  All my life I have been covered in thorns, to protect myself from getting hurt by others...but now the Master Gardener has come along and has removed the thorns, that I have built around me to protect me. Have thorns had protected me, but hurt me at the same time, it kept those away who truly would have cared about me if I had let them. Now, He has gently removed the thorns and is teaching me that healing comes from having the thorns removed, and letting the places they had been heal. The interesting part of all of this is that I'm now stronger without the thorns, and I was with them, because I'm letting the Master Gardener, heal me and help me grow. I'm now a rose with very few thorns or at least much smaller ones, someday I probably won't have any at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment