Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Crazy Quilt

When starting looking into knitting I bought the book Teach Yourself Visually Knitting by Sharon Turner. Within the pages of the book I found three chapter of basically just different stitches and I felt the best way to really learn to knit would be to start with those patterns and learn them...but I got started with my Homemade Pay-It Forward. Now that I've completed all of those projects and had a broken needle which prevented me from working on my other project, I needed something to do. So I open that book again and realized with all of the different patterns I could basically create a crazy quilt out of these different stitches, and since I want to also take up crocheting I could add those block into this quilt.  I am a person who loves different textures and I know that this quilt will have so many different textures to it.
Garter Stitch

Stockinette Stitch
Now I know it won't be a true crazy quilt since that is made of  fabric scraps, different textures of fabric, but to me it will always be my crazy quilt. My mom then made a comment that with Intarsia knitting I should use those blocks to a baby quilt or toddler quilt, and I then added that I could learn to knit the alphabets and add that to my child's quilt. And with some of the more lacy blocks won't knit well with more solid of the blocks so I can then make a summer crazy quilt, and add more crochet blocks to that crazy quilt. I making my blocks 7x9 and some other book suggested 42 blocks of that size...so this will be a work in progress (wip) for a while, especially if I'm going to be making three and doing other projects at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment