Sunday, May 22, 2011

Homemaking skills

In my first post I told you that my ex-boyfriend told me that I didn't have the skills to qualify me to be a stay-at home mom. This weekend I had baked a batch of brownies, and taken them up to the boat to share with our friends. After many people turning them down, our closest friends and boat neighbor, got together for brownies and someone else's snack. We eat and talked about my knitting, when one of the women there said, "You bake well, your knitting is amazing, you can cook, and do dishes." As I listened to her talking I realized she was basically telling me that I really do have the skills I need to be the stay-at home mom I want to be, I just hate to clean house. I didn't ask for it, she didn't know what he had said, but she was just honestly telling me what she knows to be true. I'll admit cooking and dish aren't my favorite, cooking because meals are expected and needed, baked items are treats and rewards, therefore; you get more gratitude for them than all the other food you make, and dishes because it's never ending. When I get married I want the household rule to be you cook, I'll do the dishes, I cook, you do the dishes. I don't feel that the person who has already spent so much time in the kitchen should have to turn around and do all the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment