Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Obits. and showing off what I did this weekend.

This just one of the families with obits., wedding announcements, and  newspaper article on different family members.

This is just the THOMAS family...it was fun to sort.
So over the last few weeks I've been sorting through the family obituaries, taking the data off them to check if PAF and new.familysearch is up to date, and that I have all the information I needed for each individual. So after doing that I had stacks of obituaries divided by main families example: THOMAS, ROUCH, JOHNSTON, HERSHBERGER,  then I put them in a clear plastic sheet with the family tree/family group sheet binder for the families. Then I still wasn't sure what to do with them we had a family group binder from years ago that just glued the information to the back of the individual's page, but in my case I didn't think that would work since I want to do a reprint in the next couple of years, since most of the temple work should be done by then and I want that information on those pages too. So I was talking to Doug, and he mention alphabetizing them, when I realized I could glue them to a completely separate page (colored to help it stand out.) Then place that right behind their family group sheet, that way I have them organized and yet if I reprint at anytime I don't lose that information.

No comments:

Post a Comment