Thursday, October 13, 2011

Empty space

So my parents are actually having people look at the other house, which is great. The one problem I see is that that house is still full!!! Then I realize that in the hope of getting my grandmother's stuff out of the house and make that room a functioning part of the house I've created an empty space. It's not big by any means, but it is a space, will the carpet get laid, probably not...which again was part of the goal I was working toward. It also means that the room won't be ready by Christmas and the family will once again have only one room to gather in with two small children, the house still won't be baby proof...and I already want an excuse to boycott Christmas. My dad is still fighting the fact that we're trying to organize the house...and I think just the knowledge that what I did was basically pointless has made me feel defeated. I've been told that without the space I created we wouldn't have anywhere to go with the other stuff...but I doesn't help much. I'm not a person who cries much...but I have to admit that this hurts enough that I did cry. I already realized that yes dad does love the progress to a point but without his help...I'm stuck. And with him bitching about it, it tells me that he isn't ready to move forward. Mom isn't going to change her work habits because one room is clean. She isn't ready to move forward either, and realize that she can have a life outside of work...one which includes her husband, and children, not just her mom. But getting her to leave work early one day a week to have dinner with her mom has been a huge accomplishment though. AND Me...I guess I really just don't watch everything move into the hole I created, it will hurt. I feel like I worked so hard and was actually motivated to do SOMETHING for days and weeks on end and now it just seem pointless. Granted I do feel that everything I did this summer is preparing me for the future...just what I'm not sure of. I know that I enjoyed piecing together our genealogy with the obits and newspaper articles, I've also come up with a way to help others start from the beginning with just obits. I hope I get to put that to use, just to see how and if it works, and I did like helping my family declutter. I just need someone who is actually WILLING and READY to help other out. Unlike here, I've also done more baking and some new cooking. And want to try more I just need more people to share with so I don't eat it ALL and the other home improvement work I've been doing around the house this year...just all makes me feel like I'm being prepared for something. I just wish I knew what it is and how I can get to that point so I can move on, because I'm ready. And I wish I could just market myself as someone who wants to work on genealogy and decluttering...but somehow I'm sure not/yet sure there is a market for what I want to do but how and where it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment