Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My last name

I've come to the conclusion that maybe one of Satan's ways of not making family history easy is by convincing us to be casual in our introductions of ourselves. Instead of stating our full names, we may simply state our first name. We then don't get the last name of the person we're talking too, which reduces the chance of finding those people around us who might have similar name to those of our ancestors. Which means we don't find new lines that can connect our family tree to other family trees. So our tree doesn't grow it just stay an singular and stands all alone in the forest, instead of on the hillside surrounded by other trees. The point of family history is to connect families with each other until the whole earth is linked in one huge family tree, and Satan doesn't want that to happen. He doesn't want us to be families, especially eternal families. I love looking around me for those who might be related to me, granted right now I don't expect to find anyone, but if I don't us my full name I won't. I do believe that we all are related, so we have to be will to look for those among our friends and co-worker who have the same last name as our family. It also mean that you have to spend time studying your family tree, you should know the last names of the main lines, but also where they came from. That will be extremely helpful in knowing if the families were settled in the same states. Don't be afraid to approach people you don't know but think you might be related too, you might miss the chance and never be able to take it again. Both of my parents have asked strangers about their family history, since their names matched ours family names, and neither one of them is that interested in family history. They did it because they weren't sure they would ever have the chance to again, now nothing came of it but they still asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment